- Keywords: Brain Tumor Segmentation, Brain lesion segmentation, Transfer Learning, Variational Inference, Bayesian Neural Networks, Variational Autoencoder, 3D CNN
- TL;DR: Transfer learning for DNN based segmentation between illnesses by learning generative prior in conv-filter space is better than pretrain.
- Track: short paper
- Paper Type: methodological development
- Abstract: Automatic segmentation methods based on deep learning have recently demonstrated state-of-the-art performance, outperforming the ordinary methods. Nevertheless, these methods are inapplicable for small datasets, which are very common in medical problems. To this end, we propose a knowledge transfer method between diseases via the Generative Bayesian Prior network. Our approach is compared to a pre-train approach and random initialization and obtains the best results in terms of Dice Similarity Coefficient metric for the small subsets of the Brain Tumor Segmentation 2018 database (BRATS2018).
- Presentation Upload: zip
- Presentation Upload Agreement: I agree that my presentation material (videos and slides) will be made public.