- Keywords: Deep learning, Segmentation, Liver, Ultrasound, U-Net
- TL;DR: Automatic segmentation of hepatic vasculature using a reduced filter 3D U-Net in ultrasound imaging.
- Abstract: Accurate hepatic vessel segmentation on ultrasound (US) images can be an important tool in the planning and execution of surgery, however proves to be a challenging task due to noise and speckle. Our method comprises a reduced filter 3D U-Net implementation to automatically detect hepatic vasculature in 3D US volumes. A comparison is made between volumes acquired with a 3D probe and stacked 2D US images based on electromagnetic tracking. Experiments are conducted on 67 scans, where 45 are used in training, 12 in validation and 10 in testing. This network architecture yields Dice scores of 0.740 and 0.781 for 3D and stacked 2D volumes respectively, comparing promising to literature and inter-observer performance (Dice = 0.879).
- Code Of Conduct: I have read and accept the code of conduct.
- Remove If Rejected: Remove submission from public view if paper is rejected.