- Keywords: Cardiac segmentation, deep learning, ultrasound, left ventricle, myocardium
- TL;DR: We propose in this abstract an extension of the evaluation criteria of our recently submitted study to anatomical assessment.
- Abstract: We recently published a deep learning study on the potential of encoder-decoder networks for the segmentation of the 2D CAMUS ultrasound dataset. We propose in this abstract an extension of the evaluation criteria to anatomical assessment, as traditional geometric and clinical metrics in cardiac segmentation do not take into account the overall plausibility of the predicted shapes. The completed study sheds a new light on the ranking of models.
- Code Of Conduct: I have read and accept the code of conduct.
- Remove If Rejected: Remove submission from public view if paper is rejected.
- Link: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8649738