- Keywords: Deep learning, Machine learning, CNN, Magnetic resonance imaging, Multiparametric MRI, Muscular dystrophy, Tissue signature vector
- TL;DR: Deep Learning Segmentation of Muscular Dystrophy
- Abstract: A current clinical challenge is identifying limb girdle muscular dystrophy 2I (LGMD2I) tissue changes in the thighs, in particular, separating fat, fat-infiltrated muscle, and muscle tissue. Deep learning algorithms have the ability to learn different features by using the inherent tissue contrasts from multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging (mpMRI). To that end, we developed a novel multiparametric deep learning network (MPDL) tissue signature model based on mpMRI and applied it to LGMD2I. We demonstrate that the new tissue signature model of muscular dystrophy with the MPDL algorithm segments different tissue types with excellent results.
- Code Of Conduct: I have read and accept the code of conduct.
- Remove If Rejected: Remove submission from public view if paper is rejected.