- Keywords: Computational pathology, tumor-stroma ratio, colorectal cancer
- TL;DR: We present a fully automated system for TSR scoring in line with current recommendations for pathologists, based on tumor and tumor-adjacent stroma tissue detection.
- Abstract: In this paper, we present a fully automated system for tumor-stroma ratio scoring in line with current recommendations for pathologists, based on tumor and tumor-adjacent stroma tissue detection. In order to evaluate the scoring system, we perform survival analysis on 221 whole slide images from colorectal cancer patients. We find that the whole slide-level and region of interest-level tumor-stroma ratio are statistically significant predictors of overall survival.
- Registration: I acknowledge that acceptance of this work at MIDL requires at least one of the authors to register and present the work during the conference.
- Authorship: I confirm that I am the author of this work and that it has not been submitted to another publication before.
- Paper Type: recently published or submitted journal contributions
- Primary Subject Area: Application: Histopathology
- Secondary Subject Area: Detection and Diagnosis
- Confidentiality And Author Instructions: I read the call for papers and author instructions. I acknowledge that exceeding the page limit and/or altering the latex template can result in desk rejection.