- Keywords: brain tumor segmentation, brats, glioma, mri, deep learning
- TL;DR: Incorporation of tumor grade information during model training to improve brain tumor segmentation.
- Abstract: Deep learning methods for brain tumor segmentation are typically trained in an ad hoc fashion on all available data. Brain tumors are tremendously heterogeneous in image appearance and labeled training data is limited. We argue that incorporation of additional prior information, specifically tumor grade, associated with tumor imaging phenotypes during model training can significantly improve segmentation performance. Two strategies for incorporation of tumor grade during model training are proposed and their impact on segmentation performance is demonstrated on the BRATS 2018 dataset.
- Code Of Conduct: I have read and accept the code of conduct.
- Remove If Rejected: Remove submission from public view if paper is rejected.