- Keywords: Computed tomography, sparse view CT, interventional CBCT, deep learning
- TL;DR: Adds a segmentation loss to Dual Branch Prior-Net to improve the reconstruction
- Abstract: This paper proposes an extension to the Dual Branch Prior-Net for sparse view interventional CBCT reconstruction incorporating a high quality planning scan. An additional head learns to segment interventional instruments and thus guides the reconstruction task. The prior scans are misaligned by up to +-5deg in-plane during training. Experiments show that the proposed model, Dual Branch Prior-SegNet, significantly outperforms any other evaluated model by >2.8dB PSNR. It also stays robust wrt. rotations of up to +-5.5deg.
- Registration: I acknowledge that acceptance of this work at MIDL requires at least one of the authors to register and present the work during the conference.
- Authorship: I confirm that I am the author of this work and that it has not been submitted to another publication before.
- Paper Type: novel methodological ideas without extensive validation
- Primary Subject Area: Image Acquisition and Reconstruction
- Secondary Subject Area: Segmentation
- Confidentiality And Author Instructions: I read the call for papers and author instructions. I acknowledge that exceeding the page limit and/or altering the latex template can result in desk rejection.