- Keywords: fMRI, Transformers, Self-supervision.
- Abstract: We present TFF, which is a Transformer framework for the analysis of functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI) data. TFF employs a two-phase training approach. First, self-supervised training is applied to a collection of fMRI scans, where the model is trained to reconstruct 3D volume data. Second, the pre-trained model is fine-tuned on specific tasks, utilizing ground truth labels. Our results show state-of-the-art performance on a variety of fMRI tasks, including age and gender prediction, as well as schizophrenia recognition. Our code for the training, network architecture, and results is attached as supplementary material.
- Registration: I acknowledge that publication of this at MIDL and in the proceedings requires at least one of the authors to register and present the work during the conference.
- Authorship: I confirm that I am the author of this work and that it has not been submitted to another publication before.
- Paper Type: both
- Primary Subject Area: Unsupervised Learning and Representation Learning
- Secondary Subject Area: Learning with Noisy Labels and Limited Data
- Confidentiality And Author Instructions: I read the call for papers and author instructions. I acknowledge that exceeding the page limit and/or altering the latex template can result in desk rejection.