- Keywords: Digital pathology, application programming interface, iSyntax
- TL;DR: OpenPhi, a Python Programming Interface for accessing the iSyntax images, thus leveraging the application of image processing and AI algorithms.
- Abstract: Digital pathology has demonstrated its impact in improving diagnostics and prognostics in the field of pathology, through the utilization of deep learning algorithms. However, equipment from different scanner vendors used for digitizing the glass slides impose challenges for researchers due to non-interoperability between their proprietary formats. We have previously published OpenPhi (Open PatHology Interface), a Python Application Programming Interface providing seamless access to the iSyntax format of the Philips Ultra Fast Scanner, and in this short paper, we summarise its key features.
- Registration: I acknowledge that acceptance of this work at MIDL requires at least one of the authors to register and present the work during the conference.
- Authorship: I confirm that I am the author of this work and that it has not been submitted to another publication before.
- Paper Type: recently published or submitted journal contributions
- Primary Subject Area: Image Acquisition and Reconstruction
- Secondary Subject Area: Application: Histopathology
- Confidentiality And Author Instructions: I read the call for papers and author instructions. I acknowledge that exceeding the page limit and/or altering the latex template can result in desk rejection.