- Keywords: Multiple acquisition contexts, Dynamic weight prediction, MRI reconstruction
- Abstract: Convolutional Neural network based MR reconstruction methods have shown to provide fast and high quality reconstructions. A primary drawback with a CNN-based model is that it lacks flexibility and can effectively operate only for a specific acquisition context limiting practical applicability. By acquisition context, we mean a specific combination of three input settings considered namely, the anatomy under study, undersampling mask pattern and acceleration factor for undersampling. The model could be trained jointly on images combining multiple contexts. However the model does not meet the performance of context specific models nor extensible to contexts unseen at train time. This necessitates a modification to the existing architecture in generating context specific weights so as to incorporate flexibility to multiple contexts. We propose a multiple acquisition context based network, called MAC-ReconNet for MRI reconstruction, flexible to multiple acquisition contexts and generalizable to unseen contexts for applicability in real scenarios. The proposed network has an MRI reconstruction module and a dynamic weight prediction (DWP) module. The DWP module takes the corresponding acquisition context information as input and learns the context-specific weights of the reconstruction module which changes dynamically with context at run time. We show that the proposed approach can handle multiple contexts based on Cardiac and Brain datasets, Gaussian and Cartesian undersampling patterns and five acceleration factors. The proposed network outperforms the naive jointly trained model and gives competitive results with the context-specific models both quantitatively and qualitatively. We also demonstrate the generalizability of our model by testing on contexts unseen at train time.
- Track: full conference paper
- Paper Type: methodological development
- Supplementary Material: zip
- Source Latex: zip
- Presentation Upload: zip
- Presentation Upload Agreement: I agree that my presentation material (videos and slides) will be made public.